Apache Corporation (APA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - Apache Corporation (Apache) is an upstream energy company. The company carries out exploration, development and production of natural gas, crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGLs). Apache has operations in the US, Canada, Egypt, the UK, North Sea, Australia and Argentina. In North America, the company has exploration and production interests in the Gulf of Mexico, the Gulf Coast, East Texas, the Permian basin, the Anadarko basin and the Western Sedimentary basin of Canada. Apache is headquartered in Houston, the US.
The company's growth strategy has been to expand its exploration and production operations across various regions. It plans to expand its activities through major acquisitions and partnership agreements in Australia and the Anadarko basin of the central US. In May 2012, the company acquired Cordillera Energy Partners III, LLC, and expanded its operations across Tonkawa, Cleveland and Marmaton plays in western Oklahoma and Texas. In January 2012, the subsidiary of the company, Apache Energy Limited acquired 49% interest in Burrup Holdings Limited (BHL) in Australia. In 2012, the company plans to drill a well in Kenya and New Zealand.
Apache Corporation Key Recent Developments
Aug 02, 2012: Apache's Second Well Brings Production At North Sea Bacchus Field To 12,900bpd
Jul 23, 2012: Blake International Wins Contract From Apache For Blake Rig 14
Jul 19, 2012: Petsec Energy Reaches Total Measured Depth At Third Well In Marathon Gas/condensate Field In Louisiana
Jul 12, 2012: Apache Announces Opening Of CNG Fueling Station In Louisiana
Jul 03, 2012: Ophir Energy Provides Operations Update
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Apache Corporation provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company's businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company's key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst's summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company's business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company's core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies' strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Click for Report details:Apache Corporation (APA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review