United Refining Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review - United Refining Company (United Refining) is a US-based leading regional refiner and marketer of petroleum products. United Refining is a wholly-owned subsidiary of United Refining, Inc. It is active in the refining of crude oil and marketing of refined petroleum products in western New York and northwestern Pennsylvania. United Refining operates through a wide network of service station and convenience stores. The company owns and operates a petroleum refinery in Pennsylvania, part of New York and Ohio. United Refining produces various grades of gasoline, ultra low sulfur diesel fuel, kerosene, No. 2 heating oil and asphalt. The company's operations are classified under two business segments: Wholesale and Retail. United Refining is headquartered in Warren, Pennsylvania, the US.
The key business strategic approach of the company is to strengthen its business presence as a leading producer and marketer of high quality refined petroleum products within its market area. The company aims to reach that position through optimizing its operations, resulting in the lowest possible crude and overhead costs, and constantly improve and enhance its retail and wholesale positions. To address its strategic position, the company increased focus on maximize the favorable economic impact of its transportation cost advantage through increase its retail and wholesale market shares within its market area; optimize profitability by managing feedstock costs, product yields, and inventories through its refinery feedstock management program and its system-wide distribution model, and investigate continuously for additional strategic acquisitions and capital improvements to its existing facilities.
United Refining Company Key Recent Developments
Apr 16, 2012: United Refining Reports Revenue Of $848.8m In Q2 Fiscal 2012
Jan 17, 2012: United Refining Reports Revenue Of $944m In Q1 Fiscal 2012
Nov 30, 2011: United Refining Reports Revenues Of $3.2 Billion In Fiscal 2011
Jul 05, 2011: United Refining Reports Net Sales Of $808.1m In Q3 Fiscal Year Ended 2011
Apr 14, 2011: United Refining Reports Net Sales Of $692.3m In Q2 Fiscal Year Ended 2011
United Refining Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company's history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on the company's key employees, key competitors and major products and services.
This up-to-the-minute company report will help you to formulate strategies to drive your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
- Business description – A detailed description of the company's operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Our summarization of the company's business strategy.
- SWOT analysis – A detailed analysis of the company's strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives' employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis and corporate strategy are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report's analysis of the company's business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to your competitors' business structure and strategies with our detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company's core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing you with an up to date objective view of the company.
- Examine potential investment and acquisition targets with this report's detailed insight into the company's strategic, business and operational performance.
Click for Report details:United Refining Company - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review