Verdict analyses the leading US pharmacy retailer's strategy, performance and prospects for future development, particularly in the light of its deal to acquire 45.0% of European operator Alliance Boots. With an option to buy the rest, this will create a global pharmacy business, making the combined business a leading force in global pharmacy retailing.
- Provides 10 year trading and space data and five year key operating statistics to benchmark competitive performance
- Up to date events and strategy insight informs competitors and investors in growth potential and threat from Walgreens expansion
- Use Verdict's outlook and analysis to inform defence strategies as well as inspire future growth plans
While at present Walgreens' business is confined to the US market, according to its projections by 2016 the group could have a turnover of $130.0bn (£82.5bn), 11,000 stores in 12 countries, and it would be the world's largest buyer of generic medicines.
Its venture with Alliance Boots will expand it not only into European markets, but also into Thailand and the Gulf states, and Boots pharmaceuticals wholesaling division is even more exposed to non-European markets. The combination of the two businesses creates a global force in pharmacy retailing, as well as personal care.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the strategy of the US business and its likely impact on European and UK retailers, insulating your business from unforeseen risks
- Use the detailed data on Walgreen's performance summary to benchmark key operating statistics and assess its competitive advantages
- Plan a defensive strategy with the benefit of comprehensive data and informed analysis
Click for Report details:Walgreens - Verdict Company Briefing