A relatively new term, Voice over Mobile Broadband (VoMBB) refers to the end to end routing of standard mobile phone calls over a mobile broadband networks such as LTE and HSPA. VoMBB brings unique advantages to carriers in the form of improved spectral efficiency, cost reduction per subscriber, high quality audio, user terminal power savings and the ability to offload voice capacity to other technologies such as WiFi.
Furthermore, VoMBB also allows carriers the opportunity to manage and optimize the flow of mobile VoIP traffic generated by Over The Top (OTT) applications. This can potentially open up new models for charging of voice services and even possible relationships between carriers and OTT application developers for mutual benefits.
This report presents an in depth assessment of the VoMBB industry. Besides analyzing the business case and industry roadmap, including carrier and vendor commitments for VoMBB deployments, the report presents subscription and service forecasts for both VoLTE and VoHSPA from 2012 till 2016 at a regional as well as at a global scale. The report also features an ‘Expert Opinion’ section, featuring exclusive transcripts of vendor interviews on the outlook of VoMBB industry.
Get Your Copy of this report @ http://www.reportsnreports.com/reports/172406-the-voice-over-mobile-broadband-vombb-market-2012-2016.html
The report covers the following topics
- The business case for VoMBB
- The key benefits to carriers for adopting VoMBB
- Carrier and vendor commitments to VoLTE and VoHSPA
- The industry roadmap for both VoLTE and VoHSPA
- Revenue and vendor market share for VoLTE and VoHSPA infrastructure
- Subscription and service revenue forecasts for VoLTE, VoHSPA, 2G/3G circuit switched voice and OTT application based mobile VoIP, globally and by region.
- Exclusive interview transcripts from four leading VoMBB vendors; Kineto, Acme Packet, Ericsson and Mavenir Systems
Key Questions Answered:
The report answers to the following key questions.
- How will VoMBB help carriers optimize spectral efficiency and offload voice capacity to WiFi networks ?
- How will VoMBB help carriers in bundling and integrating voice with other lucrative services such as video telephony ?
- What will be the effect of VoMBB on the rapidily growing OTT mobile VoIP phenomenon ?
- What is the cost reduction per subscriber that is obtained by using VoMBB in comparison to GSM, UMTS and CDMA based voice ?
- How does VoMBB improve terminal battery life ?
- What is the optimal time period for carriers to invest in VoMBB deployments ?
- How will VoMBB subscriptions and service revenues compare to traditional 2G/3G circuit switched voice and OTT application based mobile VoIP ?
- How will VoHSPA subscriptions compare to VoLTE subscriptions ?
- What is the regional outlook for VoMBB adoption ?
Table of Contents
1 Chapter 1: Introduction 6
1.1 Executive Summary 6
1.2 Topics Covered 7
1.3 Key Questions Answered 8
1.4 Methodology 9
1.5 Target Audience 9
1.6 Companies Mentioned 10
2 Chapter 2: An Overview of the VoMBB Market 13
2.1 An Introduction to VoMBB 13
2.1.1 VoLTE: The Thrust from CDMA Operators 13
188.8.131.52 Circuit-Switched Fallback: The First Step Towards VoLTE 14
184.108.40.206 Towards an IMS Based VoLTE Solution 15
220.127.116.11 Single Radio Voice Call Continuity (SRVCC) 16
18.104.22.168 Integration with Video Telephony 16
22.214.171.124 Moving Towards a Generic VoMBB Solution 17
2.1.2 The VoHSPA Proposition 17
126.96.36.199 CSoHS 17
188.8.131.52 VoHSPA via IMS 19
2.1.3 Interoperability with WiFi 21
2.2 The VoMBB Business Case 22
2.2.1 Spectral Efficiency 22
2.2.2 Cost Reduction per Subscriber 22
2.2.3 User Terminal Power Saving 23
2.2.4 Capacity Offloading and Bundling Voice with Other Services 24
2.2.5 Fighting the Threat from OTT Players 24
2.2.6 Timing is Critical 25
2.2.7 HD Audio 26
3 Chapter 3: VoMBB Industry Roadmap 28
3.1 VoMBB Industry Roadmap 28
3.2 Recognition of First VoMBB Infrastructure Investments 30
3.3 VoLTE and SR-VCC Enabled Handset Shipments 34
3.4 VoLTE will be the originator but will VoHSPA be the King ? 35
3.5 Operator Commitments to VoMBB 36
3.5.1 Verizon Wireless USA 36
3.5.2 MetroPCS USA 37
3.5.3 LG Uplus South Korea 37
3.5.4 T-Mobile USA 38
3.5.5 AT&T Mobility USA 39
3.5.6 European Carriers 39
4 Chapter 3: Market Analysis and Forecasts 40
4.1 The Global VoMBB Market 40
4.1.1 VoHSPA vs VoLTE 42
4.1.2 The VoMBB Market Compared to 2G/3G Circuit Switched Voice 44
4.1.3 The VoMBB Market Compared to OTT Application Mobile VoIP 46
4.1.4 Regional Outlook of the VoMBB Market 48
4.2 The VoMBB Market in North America 50
4.3 The VoMBB Market in Latin & Central America 58
4.4 The VoMBB Market in Western Europe 66
4.5 The VoMBB Market in Eastern Europe 74
4.6 The VoMBB Market in the Middle East 82
4.7 The VoMBB Market in Asia Pacific 90
4.8 The VoMBB Market in Africa 98
5 Chapter 4: Expert Opinion 106
5.1 Kineto 106
5.2 Acme Packet 113
5.3 Mavenir Systems 116
5.4 Ericsson 118