There are more than 1200 companies competing in the global healthcare packaging industry. Of which the top companies namely Alcan, Amcor, Cardinal Health, MeadWestvaco, Schott Pharmaceutical Packaging, Gerresheimer, Owens-Illinois and Becton & Dickinson hold almost a quarter of the market share.
Adelphi Manufacturing Company Limited - Adelphi was founded in 1947 and took its name from the Adelphi Building off the Strand, London where it had offices. Adelphi acquired many companies to become The Adelphi Group consisting of the partner companies listed below. The list also includes the products that each of these companies specialise in:-
1. SCHOTT: The company focuses on the development and manufacturing of primary packaging products made of special glass and other materials for the pharmaceutical industry.
2. West Pharmaceutical Services: It is a manufacturer of elastomer components and systems for injectable drug delivery, including stoppers and seals for vials and disposable components used in syringe, IV and blood collection systems.
3. Linhardt: It is a manufacturer of collapsible aluminium and plastic tubes as well as rigid aluminium containers in Europe.
4. Medisize Schweiz AG: the company specialises in the development and manufacturing of complete packaging solutions, dispensing systems and plastic devices for the pharmaceutical, healthcare and medical industries.
5. Aero Pump: This company produces atomisers, sprays and dispensing pumps for the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industries.
6. Elm-Plastic GmbH: Involved in the production of a wide and ever-increasing range of pharmaceutical and veterinary dosing pipettes, applicators and related parts and components.
The global healthcare packaging market is a complex and large market. The varied factors affecting the drug demand and consumption as well the development of medical practices will determine the growth of this market in future. Also, being a vital industry, the healthcare packaging market is directly linked to economic development. As emerging economies grow, demand for healthcare packaging will increase, further strengthening the market. Visiongain calculates that the global healthcare packaging market will reach $93.9bn in 2012
The global healthcare packaging market is constantly challenged with evolving trends such as the increased use of disposable medical products, ageing population, rising cost of raw materials, transportation and energy, cost pressures on suppliers, influence of regulations, outsourcing/ contract packaging, child-resistant/senior-friendly and tamper-evident packaging. Countries continue to invest in healthcare development and corresponding strong demand is expected for healthcare packaging, allowing for robust market growth. Furthermore, innovations driven by consumer preferences and environmental concerns will create new and exciting opportunities in the healthcare packaging market.
As the global healthcare packaging market adapts to regional shifts on the demand and supply side, the future of the industry will look different, allowing for growth opportunities. Globally, changing attitudes towards climate change, together with recent developments in medical technology, will provide new sources of demand growth. In the Asia-Pacific region, increased drug production and infrastructure development will dominate growth. Outsourcing and medical tourism will support further growth opportunities.
- Comprehensive analysis of the prospects for the healthcare packaging market from 2012-2022.
- Analysis and forecasting informed by extensive expert consultation with industry leaders. You will be able to read full transcripts of interviews from 3 leading experts involved with the healthcare packaging market.
- 130 tables, charts and graphs that quantify, analyse and forecast the changing dynamics of the healthcare packaging market between 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for the global healthcare packaging market between 2012-2022
- Forecasts and analysis for 4 sectors of the healthcare packaging market by material from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 5 healthcare packaging submarkets by end use from 2012-2022.
- Forecasts and analysis for 10 national healthcare packaging markets, as well as rest of the world figures and projections for the period 2012-2022
- Analysis of the forces that influence and characterise the healthcare packaging market.
- Profiles of 19 leading companies operating within the healthcare packaging market.
Click for Report details:The Healthcare Packaging Market 2012-2022